Oh, the dreaded PowerPoint. We’ve all had to sit through meetings, presentations and trainings that rely too heavily on PowerPoint. Even a one-hour presentation can be exhausting, let alone a multi-day training.
Does this sound familiar?
- Instructors are heavily relying on PowerPoint for delivering their materials and believe the slide deck IS the presentation.
- PowerPoint presentations are merely data-dumps and contain far too much information and details.
- PowerPoint slides are text heavy, congested, and generally “boring.”
- Graphics, if at all used, are not relevant or do not effectively reinforce the key points.
- Content is not logically laid out and sequentially organized.
- PowerPoint presentations are lecture-based and fail to incorporate interactive learning components.